Land Rover Defender 110
Land Rover Defender 110
Lot Number: 176
Make: Land Rover
Model: Defender 110
Title Status: Clean
Body Style: Wagon
Location: Waxhaw North Carolina, 28173
Engine: Turbodiesel 2.5L I4
Exterior Color: Grey
Interior Color: Black
Seller Type: Private Party
This Defender 110 is a full restoration by the Spain-based outfit, Defender & Friends, and was brought back to the U.S. as the D&F Edition No. #001. Holding onto its original 2.5L turbo diesel, this upgraded beauty continues to retain much of its originality, feel, and soul.
Defender is often the first word in Land Rover's continued cult appeal. The Rover Company's storied aluminum-bodied 4x4—built from the late 40s on, underwent many iterations. Three "Series" Land Rovers cemented the classic 4x4's shape in popular culture, and by the 1980s incorporated four-wheel coil spring suspension as the "90" and "110". The Defender, produced from 1990 to 2016 rung in the new millennium dutifully equipped for the road ahead.
Named for the length of its wheelbase, the Defender 110 proved an especially versatile companion. More storage inside combined with the sure-footedness of a lengthened chassis made the truck an instant favorite around the globe. When paired with a 107 horsepower turbodiesel engine and five-speed manual transmission, fuel economy and robust reliability proved invaluable no matter the task at hand. Copied, restored, and reimagined, the long wheelbase Defender remains a benchmark in four wheel drive.
This 1992 Land Rover Defender 110 gives a solid foundation new life at the highest level. Outfitted by Defender & Friends of Barcelona, gunmetal gray over black leather softens this Defender's classic hard lines. Configured in left-hand drive, the model is rare find Stateside and further as the company's Edition No. #001 build. True to form, the restoration and modification of this truck retains original character as a lightweight four-wheel-drive with function in focus alongside timeless styling. The frame-off restoration features a refreshed 200Tdi engine, five-speed manual transmission, custom bodywork, and updated interior comforts. Exterior modifications include black Project Kahn 18" wheels clad in Toyo Open Country M/T, front and rear LED lighting, custom side steps, bumpers, and swing-out spare tire carrier. Interior amenities include black diamond-stitched leather seating with orange contrast stitching throughout, Alcantara headliner, Momo steering wheel, updated gauge cluster, and carbon fiber trim. Now showing an odometer reading of 6,650 miles, this Defender is sold with both a clean North Carolina Title and clean Carfax report.
- Defender & Friends Edition No. #001 Limited Edition
- Leather interior featuring heated front seats and orange contrast stitching
- Alcantara headliner
- Momo steering wheel and updated gauge cluster with digital odometer (showing mileage since restoration)
- Aftermarket sound system including Pioneer touchscreen stereo and Phoenix Gold 8-inch bass enclosure
- Carbon fiber accents and badging
- Custom roof, wheel arches, front and rear bumpers, swing-out spare tire carrier, side steps and stone guard sides
- Updated center console
- Power windows (front)
- Air conditioning
- Center locking differential
- Updated coil spring suspension w/adjustable shocks
- Dynamat insulated engine compartment
Originally a Spanish-market Land Rover Defender 110, this custom build's origins can be verified by the VIN data below
S - Europe
A - United Kingdom
L - Land Rover
LD - Ninety, One Ten, 127, Defender
H - 110-inch wheelbase
F - 2.5L, 200Tdi
8 - 5-speed manual
H - 1991 build date
A - Solihull, United Kingdom
- This complete restoration was performed in Spain by Defender & Friends, and includes updated body work, interior, wheels, restored engine, etc. leaving no area untouched.
- See included images of the reported restoration under "Extras".
- Carfax report confirming no damage history from 2018 to 2022
- Third-party inspection report
- Paint meter readings are viewable in the attached inspection report
Originally produced in England for the European market, this left hand drive Defender 110 began life as a Spanish market left-hand drive vehicle. Subsequent restoration, modification, and importation by Defender & Friends is described under "Overview". The truck is currently titled in North Carolina.
Please review the entire inspection report by clicking "Inspection Report" above.
- Inspector comments include areas of flaking undercoating, uncoated parts showing surface rust, and oil visible on the oil pan (minor) underneath the vehicle. Areas of filler indicated by paint meter readings, bubbling in front and rear door panels, some staining due to water intrusion between door frames and door panels, and tape used to adhere sun visor upholstery is noted. Good running and driving condition is reported.
- The Inspection Report notes that the tires are approximately 6 years old
- According to the seller, the passenger rear tail lights were replaced after a small bump (2023). These parts are said to have been replaced with Rover parts imported from England.
- Paint wear to the main body is limited to the custom composite roof seen in "Exterior" gallery images below
- Three keys, two electronic key fobs
- Land Rover manual and equipment books
- Full-sized rear mounted spare wheel (door is operational)
- Battery kill switch
Engine Bay (8)
Tags and Stamping (3)